Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Strictly Disappointing

One of the many things I love about the arrival of autumn is the launch of Strictly Come Dancing. Yes I am an old fogey for loving it but the line up has finally been announced (in a very peculiar way) and I confess to feeling let down & disappointed.  I think they may have lost me this year. I guess there there are a few 'proper' celebs - Lulu, Jason Donovan & Rory Bremner & at a push Anita Dobson & Holly Valance - but we have the token controversial politician in Edwina Currie (am I the only one who post her John Major revelations always feels slighty nauseous when I see her?), Audley Harrison & someone called Robbie Savage (???) as the sportspeople, an ITV presenter called Dan something (OK he's v good looking but ... sorry WHO is he?) the Welsh woman with no skills or sense of humour off the One Show (whose publicity shot is just bizarre, all squished boobs) and a couple of odd ones for comedy value no doubt - Russell Grant & Nancy Dell'Olio.

However there are 2 who have completely lost me - a spotty 16 year old (well he looks 16) called Harry Judd (no idea - he looks like a pizza delivery boy) and last & worst is some 'pram faced' girl with pneumatic boobs & hair that is pulled back so tight she looks permanently surprised called (and I have checked the spelling I am not slipping on the keyboard) "Chelsee Healey" Seriously. Her publicity shot is her in a huge wig with a big nylon bow  & what looks like an embroidered support bra. If the lovely Brendan got her he'd walk off before the first dance! Nuff said.

Am sure the last 2 "who the hell are they?" types are in some dreadful teen soap like Hollyoaks so will go far. Will watch the pairing up show this Saturday to see who gets who but it'd better perk up or I will be re-running last years ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...