Friday, April 23, 2010

Nothing


100 years ago (it would seem) I thought I would blog musings from the world of the faux housewife in deepest suburban Surrey. Why faux? Well I'm not officially a housewife - I have a job. I run a business but I do it from home. As such a la housewife, I am in when the postman comes, when the door to door fish salesman knocks, when the window cleaner appears and I can go & "do" coffee with my neighbours & potter in the garden at lunchtime or hang out with the worlds most spoiled cat when work is slow.
But every time I approached the blog to add words of great wisdom I found myself thinking I have nothing to report, which got me thinking about “nothing”. “Oh it’s nothing” we say when questioned about an array of things – new clothes, an injury, a cold, an amazing dinner we have provided, an achievement. Why? it's something surely! And on reflection plenty of interesting / amusing / painful (like a broken foot. ouch) things have happened. Or have I stumbled upon a female only thing. Hey ho. Think I'll join the cat for a snooze and ponder some more

2 comments:

  1. Ah. Now your talkin Pam :)

    Welcome to the blogosphere.

    Cally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what - if being a housewife was "nothing" then men would do it. And they'd want loads of money and perks too - given all the overtime involved.

    ReplyDelete

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...