Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Pig Of Happiness

An email from a long lost friend made me realise that if I pointed him to this blog to catch up with my life he would think that the last 6 months have been simply awful. Which is not true - I have simply put the awful bits in as they make for more interesting reading! Poetic license or something ... However I will now act on advice from Edward Monktons’ Pig of Happiness - "May his joyful smile remind us how much there is to be happy about" so here are my top of mind things to be happy about!

1 Whilst we have not been in rude health it has been truly lovely to spend completely uninterrupted days (well apart from coughing fits) with the Practically Perfect Hubby. We have looked after each other & laughed & talked & just hung out. He really is the best company. He really was worth the wait.

2 The house is looking truly stunning and being sick here has been no trial to be honest. It's a joy to sit in the evening watching the sunset from the new sitting area.

3 My back problem is mechanical & won't kill me. It just annoys me!

4 The garden has delivered a bumper harvest of Desiree spuds, huge courgettes, onions, carrots & French beans - yum!

5 The flowers are also doing their best to put on a show; the ostoespermum, gladioli, jasmine & lavatera and even my roses are all still flowering beautifully!





6 No gardening for 3 weeks = a family of shrews has taken up residence in the long grass! The KC is of course thrilled but (nerd alert) “Mammalian predators rarely take them as shrews have scent glands on their flanks, which mammals find distasteful (most birds have no sense of smell). Domestic cats will kill shrews, but not eat them for this reason” As a result she is chasing & alerting me to their presence so I can grab “The KC victim rescue system™” and hi them off to safety. They are SO cute too!

7 I’ve just had an invoice paid!

More to follow no doubt!


No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...