Sunday, September 4, 2011

Free Food!

As we come right from what has to be the worst cold ever (definitely not flu we didn't have temperatures just a truly brutal cold that laid both of us so low it wasn't funny) we were fiinally able to take stock of what our beautiful garden has offered us. As I said, no gardening for 3 weeks also = 3 weeks of ignoring weeds = not good (cue offer of money to hard up teenagers, a huge chunk has been done already!) but it would seem the courgettes (zucchini) loved being ignored as I found myself faced wiith a huge pile. If I hadn't picked them when I did, I would've had marrows!

But whilst beans & spuds etc are easy to use up (no massive amount of imagination required..) what to do with over a kilo of courgettes? A quick search on recipes on line & we got a free lunch. Truly delicious Courgette & Tomato soup. Well free in that I had all other ingredients in the cupboard plus a couple of our own home grown spuds! And I can't tell you the staisfaction knowing almost no airmiles (not sure where the Waitrose tinned toms hailed from) and all good as we used nothing nasty on our veg.

There, you see, another thing to add to the Pigs' list of things to be so happy about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...