Monday, August 29, 2011

A microdiscectomy isn't just for Valentines Day ...

... it's for life. Removing the best part of my L5 disc some 7 years ago on a very romantic Saturday has left me with a shockingly bad back that frequently "goes" a little but occassionally goes completely in that I "slip a disc." I love that phrase, slip a disc it sounds almost quite nice - like slipping a fiver into the doormans hand; but no, it would seem slipping a disc (which actually means that a whole spinal disc 'slips' out of its correct place between your vertebrae to stick out & sit on nerves causing abject agony) is also the perfect end to a  rubbish holiday.

For not only did I not come back jolly & relaxed, I came back with a cold - a very nasty hard core full on cold which caused me to cough so violently my broken  back couldn't hold my discs in & one (maybe 2?) popped out. So since arriving home from useless hols I have been pretty much bed bound, and every time I coughed or sneezed I experienced mind numbing excrutiaiting pain. Practically perfect Hubby has been brilliant until he caught the cold - which was inevitable - and as he has asthma he is suffering 10x more than I did - and lord know I suffered. We bascially sound like a TB house. Not nice. We are ringing bells (unclean! unclean!) and have a plague sign on the door. Keep away. Well till the germs shrival up & die that is. The KC bless her doesn't know who to cuddle up to next. She has been amazing, staying in bed for hours with us & not waking me to go out till past 8AM - normal out time is 6AM. They do know you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...