Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Am I talking to myself??

I am running a project right now that is spanning the globe. However it is not as exciting as it sounds. The client has precisely 16 1/2 pence to spend so I am not leaping from jet to jet, checking in & out of 5 star spa hotels, no I am harnessing the power of the internet.

Am watching all groups in China, India, Vietnam, Brazil etc live on line (conceptually amazing I accept that) and I have been Skype-ing the overseas moderators to brief them. So in theory I have done the old "face to face" briefing as I saw their faces.

However I feel as if I have been talking to myself. I am currently listening to a group that is going off on tangents. Not small "Oh that's fine" tangents but HUGE tangents, kind of like I wanted to understand bananas & they are talking about pineapples. And I cannot reach the pineapple moderator as I am not sitting merely feet away behind a 1 way mirror, I am online on another continent. So I am forced to let them waffle on off topic and pretty much waste a group until I can call her.... when she finishes!

It has only served to strengthen my resolve. You need to BE THERE to make this qualitative research lark work properly. Hey Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...