Monday, August 1, 2011

Phew - what a scorcher!

As Surrey bakes in its ‘don’t blink you’ll miss it’ 3 day heat wave Chez FauxSurrey is doing its best to resemble a full on sauna. On the hottest day of the year so far, in the room with a glass roof (yes the totally useless conservatory - when I can afford it, it is going!!) the decorators were using a steamer to peel years of wallpaper off the walls … you can only imagine the blistering heat. Even with the solar blinds pulled down and all doors & windows open & a fan on permanently, the temperature got up to about 95 degrees Fahrenheit & the boys were dripping with sweat & having to stop every 20 minutes or so before they passed out!

Luckily for me as the mercury boiled over, I got a call from my lovely friend & neighbour with the deep cool swimming pool. Asking very kindly if I fancied a swim…. Can a thought last less than a nano second?!

However, post my splashabout, as the evening draws in & the heat of the sun cools a little, the heat has not left the glass room. The poor plasterer is still here, wandering about stripped to the waist (yes a bajillion tattoos) on these amazing bionic looking stilts (never seen anything like it, they are like something from the future!) trying to plaster the ceiling –and as it’s so hot in there it’s drying almost as soon as he puts it on. Which is presenting quite a challenge & if I’m honest quite a bit amusement for me & the KC – we’ve never seen speed plastering before!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...