Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Here Come the Hotstepper!

OK enough already. We hit an impasse and could make excuses no more. FauxSurrey hubby couldn't do up his favourite pants & I had to buy a size 18 top. The fat stops here. And we are both rubbish with the eat less so we thought OK move more. So I went online & I typed in my credit card details and 2 days later, thanks to the  miracle of the utility, we installed the pictured - very good I must say - cross trainer in the empty garage at the weekend.

Having been a full on gym bunny in the past (3 x a week, for 2 hours at a time at a fab gym off Westbourne Grove, including 30 mins of a personal trainer - oh I used to be annoyingly fit!!) I squeezed myself into my old kit (really squeezed but hey ..) did my stretches and started slowly but surely - today I did 15 mins & burned 150 calories. Am happy! Will build my stamina sensibly and aim for another 2 x 15 min sessions this week, then go up to 20 min sessions then 30 mins then who knows?

Hubby however is going at it like only a bloke would. He came home from work, changed into shorts & casual shoes (argghh wear trainers man!!) but left his tailored french cuff shirt on and went hell for leather for about 15 minutes till he was puce & sweating & guess what? Yup today he's seized up...! But 10/10 for efffort, he is committed and will get into the groove I am sure - and we are both determined to do this not simply to lose weight but to get fit - and be here for each other a little bit longer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...