Wednesday, December 28, 2011

No Man's Land

It's now that very odd time between Christmas & New Year - the time when you have put all your pressies away (I did well - alongside the new utility I got a stunning framed canvas of the KC, a serious amount of Clarins and a fabulous lounge about silk dressing gown) and you have taken all the rubbish out and if you go into work (or in my case volunteer to be available for work) it's fabulous as you can get stuff done but also the time when nothing happens ... so whilst I have volunteered to be available, I have about 1/2 a day's worth of work to do today so to keep myself busy before a conference call this PM I am now alternately knee deep in all the washing I couldn't get done over the past 5 days, staring into the fridge wondering what on earth I can do for FauxSurreyHubby with all the left over turkey & ham & doing all the pre new year esoteric stuff like writing my letter from the future  (oh - I can vouch this one works!!) whilst also making resolutions like I really will lose weight this coming year and looking up cross trainers on line.

I also need to look up cat drinking fountains online. The KC has been poorly sick over Christmas - cystitis again - and the effects of the antibiotics are making her even more sick (we have had litter tray issues...!) so am looking after her as much as you can look after a cat. She is fast asleep on plumped up pillows in the lounge right now & I have put bowls of water everywhere for her, in a vain attempt to get her to drink more.

However on Friday something will happen - I will accompany FauxSurreyHubby into his big bad workplace & shop a bit as the FSH workplace has some very good shops indeed & then lunch somewhere fabulous, and we will then come home after lunch & hunker down & the next day lock the doors & windows & light a fire & chill the Krug & spend a glorious NYE a Deux. Just the 2 of us. Bliss.
Wishing you all health & happiness in 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...