Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Leaky Cauldron...

... no not really but much snappier than the leaky conservatory. So much for our gracious & spacious new open plan home & flash utility, we still have leaks!! Yes the weather tonight is exceptionally bad and what did I expect from the shonky conservatory we inherited? The rain & wind were so bad today the KC only managed about 15 minutes outside before she gave up - she was either soaked to her skin or blown off her feet & so at about 8pm she & I settled down to watch an old Sherlock Holmes episode on ITV3 as the gales whipped & the wind lashed. (FauxSurreyHubby out at works Christmas do tonight so just us girls)

Then just as Mr Holmes was getting to the good stuff I heard an unmistakable, loud wet "plop"; followed swiftly by another. Jumping to my feet my worst fears were realised - the water was sloshing from the roof onto a set of shelves & in another place rivuleting down a wall. Grabbing 2 huge bowls & rolls of kitchen towel to stop the splashing I managed to contain it. And thanked the lord it was nowhere near my newly decorated (and fabulous even though I say so myself) Christmas tree.  Now what was I saying about new carpets & we're done...?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...