Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Highly Decorated ...?!



After the builder had gone I breathed a sigh of relief. Yes I have walls of bare plaster, yes there’s a river of concrete flowing through my new open plan spacious & gracious lounge / dining area but it’s quiet. There are no more drills, there is no more dust! So I thought we’d have a break. The decorator claimed he was really busy, couldn’t get to me till November so I thought oh OK let’s get all the furniture back in place, get my cleaner in for 5 hours & breathe a dust free mouthful for once & see if I can reclaim my house.

Then – the phone rang. The decorator could do me a favour. Well I think it’s a favour. He has “found” 2 weeks free starting right now, to wallpaper the living room, completely re-do the new dining area (paint, put new skirting in, skim ceiling, new coving and lay a new floor) and repaint the kitchen. Hubby looked excited so how could I say no? So I am back upstairs, working in our bedroom as all my furniture is still in a huge pile covered with dusty blankets in the conservatory. Upside I guess is the KC is now stuck to my side like glue…. In fact she’s here now snoozing as I type. It will all be worth it …. It WILL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...