Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The plagues of building…?


And I thought the worst was going to be biblical dust. Oh no. No no no.  We have had the joys of finding concrete reinforced walls with metal spikes running through where there should be a simple cavity wall, and today has been quite a different kind of plague day, today has been about the biblical flooding. There we were almost on schedule (only 3 hours ‘over’ apparently cos of the bomb proof wall) when, clearly in a moment of madness, the nice builder forgot he was in a kitchen and drilled straight through a water pipe – a high pressure water pipe. Oh it was fun. Fun fair style sprays, and of course the pipe was buried deep in the a wall. As this is the house of horrors there are 3 stopcocks so much fun was had running about trying to remember where they all where for when the emergency plumber arrived. A  couple of hours later, when all the fun died down I decided to have a bit of a clear up. And as I was mopping the kitchen floor, suddenly a strange electronic persistent tune came from the vicinity of the fridge. Cripes that’s odd I thought. After half an hour of fruitless search - the tune was waxing & waning - I questioned my sanity & called a neighbour – who put me out of my misery. The endless tune was coming from a “magic” ping pong ball stuck under the fridge. It played the little tune when the metal contacts were connected – and as it was sat in inches of water guess what happened…? So as my sanity & patience are now stretched quite a long way, hubby rushing home with fish & chips & vino. Gotta love my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...