Monday, July 4, 2011

A Handful of Dust

I am about to rant. We have some new-ish lovely neighbours who have taken a bit of a wreck & are turning it into a truly lovely home. Fair enough you think. However wreck to home inevitably involves building work. And building work means lots of banging & hammering & it would seem hourly angle grinding.

Now the noise of the angle grinding I can deal with. Well certainly given the choice I would take the noise of the angle grinder over the unbelievable quantities of dust created. All day, virtually every, day the whirr of the angle grinder starts followed by biblical proportions of dust.

Very thick, very orange dust. Floating, as I type, in thick opaque clouds across my field of vision. It’s like fog. Unbelievable. I am at a loss for words as I cannot believe my neighbours (who in reality are actually very lovely & generally very conscious of the disturbance they are causing) have no idea of the sheer volume of vile dust they are creating but more importantly sharing! Are they really that totally unaware? Why oh why can’t they just wet the brick? Or spray some water as they are angle grinding? Does it honestly require a PhD in common sense to do that? Does it??

I despair that my garden and my freshly painted bedrooms are all now coated in a fine layer of bloody orange brick DUST!  I foolishly had the odd window open as it’s a warm day. My garden umbrella is no longer green it is DUST coloured.The KC used to be black & white. She’s now DUST coloured.

The noise? Bah who cares, turn the radio up, wear earplugs .... but mouthfuls, clouds, plague proportions of dust ... thank goodness I have no washing out or it would be ... guess what? Yes, DUST coloured. Cough, cough, sorry, very dry throat, could there be DUST in the air??

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...