Monday, May 23, 2011

Cheat!


Oh the KC is a naughty girl sometimes. Despite being terrified of these very high winds & so refusing to venture out much (she has spent most the past few days conked out on a bed or at the top of a wardrobe, snuggled on my ancient but still loved Prada Angora sweater... which am sure has been chewed & pawed as she “gets comfy”), no, when she does decide she’s brave enough to take on the force 9 in the garden she heads straight to one place – a strategic spot underneath our solitary bird box where a family of blue tits are nesting. There she sits patiently waiting for the chicks to fledge. As when they do ... wobble wobble plop ... they fall straight into her open waiting jaws!! Cheating or what?! Don’t be too horrified I am not being callous; I know she does this as she then runs straight to me with this tiny terrified thing held firm but unharmed in her mouth, beside herself with pride. We then play “give the tiny baby bird to mummy you monster” which I always win & I carefully pop the lucky chick back in its box. For the whole thing to happen all over again! The only way to distract her is with prawns.... or some other form of delicious treat. It’s now occurred to me that I have created exactly what I wanted to avoid ... her determination to get a chick as she has developed a Pavlovian response – get chick, get treat. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...