Saturday, May 14, 2011

First past the post




Hello from the Golden First Lounge in Kuala Lumpur. Despite my insisting that I would take on this current project at 4/5 of my normal day rate as I WON'T be travelling - oops here I am in South East Asia - how did that happen?? And last week I was in Germany ... anyway balls got dropped as is the way with big complex international projects & so I stepped in & sort of volunteered to head here - looking at flights, as I had less than 2 weeks to organise it, it transpired that flying on Malaysian Airlines was (a) sensible as it was direct and (b) fabulous as all classes except First were booked out! I had the truly surreal experience of flying out here as the only passenger in First - so my bed was set up in a different seat to the one I was watching a movie in & another seat was set up for dinner!!! The champagne was Dom Perignion (OK you can't have everything!) the amenities pack was full of La Prairie (thank you very much) and my duvet was silk. Spoiled? I should think so. As I worked out that I will be in the air for 26 hours & on the ground working for 48 I have zero guilt. Adios, am about to go get pampered again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...