Wednesday, May 18, 2011

All Change!






Have decided that as we are fast approaching summer a new fresh 'summery' look for the blog would be nice. Whilst the previous one was very sophisticated it was also quite dark; I think the pink candy stripe is far more Doris Day, kitsch, fun & jolly! And you don't get much jollier (or kitsch) than our very own Miss Day - see pic smelling a rose - wearing white gloves!! I really was born too late, I'd've killed to be in any of Doris' "sex comedies" (as they were called - honest! No sex at all anywhere near any of them, but as she got married at the end of each of them I guess it was implied??) The clothes were so amazing. In Pillow Talk she plays an interior designer whose hats honestly actually match her frocks. She goes out to dinner in a dress Pippa Middleton would've happily worn as chief royal bridesmaid .... Except I'm sure none of the outfits would thank you for shoving them in the washing machine and eating chocolate or drinking red wine in a tight white frock wouldn't be smart. Guess I should be grateful for my fauxsurrey uniform of jeans & a sweatshirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...