Monday, September 17, 2012

All work & no play ...

.. makes the blog exceptionally dull. I am conscious that I have lots of work to do and as such have been taken over by sensible thoughts. I missed completely my opportunity to comment on Prince Harry behaving like a typical soldier ahead of a tour of duty & getting drunk & naked & foolishly showing his bits to someone with a camera in a room in Vegas... fine if you like that kind of thing I guess ...

I also missed the chance to wax lyrical about the Paralympic closing ceremony which I absolutely loved and which in my opinion left the "proper" closing ceremony standing. Having Coldplay there was a stroke of genuis; a stadium band who are pretty much without ego they got out there & did the job they were asked to do brilliantly! (and didn't try & promote a new single ...)  And I loved the story Sir Philip Craven told of the 5 year old girl who on reading a book about pirates was asked what the man with a parrot, eyepatch & one leg did  ... well says 5 year old .. he only has 1 leg so he must be an athlete!

As ever there were some things I wasn't sure of - Rhianna? and Jay-Z? Hmm.... well all I know is that it was brilliant & I was proud. And someone I worked with recently has come back with a Paralympic Bronze!! How amazing is that??

And then Andy Murray goes & beats Djokovic to win the US Open. Blimey! I think he managed a smile but I can't be sure. Outstanding!

Then if I am right the big news now is that the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge went on holiday in the middle of nowhere ahead of an official Asian tour but someone French found out where they were in France on their jolly hols & thought they would camp out with a huge telescopic lens & that the world would be interested in unbelieveably bad quality photos of Kate's (assuming they are v small) boobs. Which seems to have given Carte Blanche to all media to drag out photos of  Diana looking sad again ... although the Daily Express needs no excuse

Yes all this work means I have completely missed my chance to comment on what an odd world we live in - and to offer some words of advice to our young royals. Keep your clothes on eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...