Monday, March 5, 2012

Surpise? Surprise!

Long-time no blog. Was exercising the grey matter at a work conference out in the countryside last week and have been recovering from the shock. FauxSurreyHubby has left the country briefly - his presence & expertise is required in the USA and as we have both been busy & knackered I thought I'd sort a surprise out in his absence! A surprise for both of us. The money pit – sorry the des res – still needs a heap of TLC and I thought I would give it some whilst he was away. So trying to work quietly behind Hubby’s back I briefed a decorator to “do” the downstairs cloakroom & our en suite.

They are both in a shocking state and I made one 100x worse by trying to paint it myself last year. I even had a bit of a plan for the downstairs loo, ‘The most sumptuous smallest room’ and I decided that I would not only bring luxury & gorgeousness I would also save money & be cunning & use the leftover wallpaper from our newly refurbed downstairs bit which is a gentle gold-y silver & cream & all la di da. And would look fab in a small cloakroom; so the decorator came ‘round when hubby was at work last week & I assured him we had all the wallpaper & the paint necessary & all is good. All I needed was his time. I couldn’t double check & search the garage however as Hubby would wonder what I was doing fossicking about.

And so this morning the decorator arrived as planned and I went to fetch the wallpaper (of which I was convinced & so assured him there was plenty) and found … disaster … I only had 2 x 2/3 rolls of the fancy stuff I wanted and the 2 wrapped rolls were nasty beige anaglypta (!!) which I had stupidly thought were the good wallpaper. Yikes. So I had to head off to B&Q and buy 2 more full rolls plus the adhesive & a new shelf & am now £100 poorer. Oops. So much for make do & mend…. But it will look amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...