Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spring is sprung

Oh what a beautiful day! The weather in Surrey has suddenly decided to go all springlike & sunny & lovely and so I took advantage of a reclaimed morning (meeting in big bad city cancelled) to do a bit of gentle gardening. FauxSurreyHubby & I had done a quick B&Q trip last weekend & bagged a bajillion cheap plants (tete a tete, pansies, bluebells & grape hyacinths, all for £1 a tray - bargain!)

So out came the gloves, the trowel and the kneeler (with my back you didn't expect me to bend?) and I planted a trough of dark red pansies, a terracotta planter full of tiny cheery tete a tete and was clearing out a space for the bluebells & hyacinths when the KC (who was prowling & mewing & snuggling)  must've become super impressed as she went off & brought me a gift - a lovely live mouse. She was playing catch with it .... Luckily I am master of catch & so I won (had trusty "KC Victim Rescue System”™ at hand) and took poor terrified Mr Mouse out to the front garden & he smartly legged it as soon as the lid of the tub was released!

Then I returned to the back garden & looked about & thought - that all looks good! And so used the rest of my reclaimed morning to do 20 mins on the Cross Trainer whilst watching comedy on the the iPlayer to try & take my mind off the searing dullness of repetitve exercise (I know I know it's good for me!!) then treated myself  to a bit of a Clarins fest and so I body scrubbed & facepacked & slathered myself in body butter & felt marvellous. Oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...