Friday, March 23, 2012

Where have all the good men gone??

No no, before anyone gets upset or excited this is not a personal question - I am super happy thank you & grateful daily that 7 years ago I was lucky & blessed and I met the BEST man ever and smart girl that I am I married him pronto- no I am not looking I am just questioning. I look around me and I am surrounded by a virtual bevvy of true beauties, Women who are talented, exceptionally kind & caring, intelligent & drop dead gorgeous - and ubelieveably single! And then I look around at the men I know & the good ones are of course married / in a relationship, the very good ones are gay and the available ones are - well they are available as no sane self respecting woman would take them on!

I had lunch with one of my beauties today which prompted this little rant. She is divorced, but an optimist & so would quite like another partner. And she is doing everything she can bar walk about with a sandwich board saying "Hello I would like a boyfriend". She is not - repeat not - desperate & is past wanting children so those neon lights aren't flashing but she is - deep breath - just past her last birthday with a 4 in front of it

And herein it would appear lies the rub. Blokes seem to take their age & subtract the cost of a Ferrari and hey poncho a paunchy 50 year old thinks it's reasonable to expect to date 30 year olds... but my gorgeous, vibrant, young at heart mate is now going on dates with 60 year olds who are looking for companionship. Yes they are well mannered & appreciate her & old fashioned things they are are picking up the tab (which for this friend is hugely refreshing) but they are - sorry - old men & she would like to meet someone closer to her own age who makes her heart skip a beat (and not have to call an ambulance if his does.)

Where are all the sane, sensible, funny, intelligent, handsome available 50 / 52 year olds who can appreciate a woman his own age hiding? Or is every man that age who divorces automatically trading down? Do they really want sleepless nights beacause they are changing nappies rather than being kept awake by a woman who enchants him & is his equal?

OK the oldies I have chosen to make this rant more interesting are unusual but surely not completely unique? Any handsome solvent funny grown up men out there know where to apply ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...