Monday, September 27, 2010

The New Territories?


I know another episode so soon but I have to share with you the strange time the KC is having. She is being besieged from all comers right now by other cats encroaching on her “patch”. In the past 3 days she has had to defend her corner from visits by old ginger moggies, sweet looking tabbies and most newsworthy, a very cheeky white & black cat who had the audacity to follow her into the house! Hubby & I were flopped on sofas with a roaring fire on the go watching Hamilton crash out of the Singapore grand prix when all of a sudden there was an unearthly yowl from the conservatory. Leaping to my feet (as I do when I hear any cat noise) I could see the KC fluffed up to 3x her normal size, hissing furiously at the back door. Going into the conservatory I came face to paw with a very large white & black cat. He had clearly made it in through the cat flap but on sight of me he decided he was far too big to fit back out of it & best he left through a window - so he proceeded to jump up at our solar roller blinds, shredding them with his claws as he (naturally) slid down them, (yes, our rollers are now venetians...) then when he realised the windows were shut, he ran amok on the windowsill, yowling (it was so much more than a meow) knocking plants & pots everywhere until hubby managed to open a door for him & off he shot. Leaving the KC quivering in an upstairs wardrobe & sheer carnage in my house. But I am curious as to why now? All summer long the KC has been very chilled, hanging out happily all alone in her garden, but as the mercury is dropping she is getting lots of visitors. Are cats just more active in the cold? Do they get nosier? Who knows ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...