Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You say potato


... and I will go dig them up from my big potato pots for super fresh spuds! Amazing, we have a bumper harvest of tiny tomatoes and I have just managed to dig 1 kilo of spuds from my pots. See picture of this morning’s harvest in my newly acquired vintage trug. Yes I did say vintage trug! And that’s one of my pumpkins developing fast to the left, there is another 2x the size hiding behind all the foliage. Spuds are Maris Piper if you’re interested, a great all rounder suitable for jacket potatoes, chips, boiling, roasting & mashing! Will contemplate all those styles but hubby (bizarrely) not a spud fan – only likes chips & roasties. Hmm. Still it’s finally getting to my all time favourite time of year – autumn. Can’t come fast enough. For me, summer is hugely overrated, give me the slightly chilly mornings the stunning autumn deep blue skies & the joy of a gentle sun that doesn’t make you feel like you are living in an oven, and the beautiful light you get as the sun gets lower in the sky. Ahhh! And of course the opportunity to go coat & boot shopping; the best type of shopping there is. Trawling the shops for meltingly soft cashmere overcoats & beautiful shiny knee length boots, and for scarves & gloves... fab. Feel a trip to the shops coming on! The only sad things about this time of year is that I am way too old for school: roll back 35 years & you would find me excitedly putting new pencils & pens into a new pencil case, checking my new uniform for the 100th time & packing & repacking my new bag. Yup; I loved school. Sad but true...

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...