Monday, January 5, 2015

New year, new me??

So here we are a brand new year to play with - 2015. And the Chinese year of the Sheep will unfold towards the end of February so it's time to dust off those resolutions!

I had a completely stationary & overindulgent festive break, thanks to first a ripped calf muscle the week before Christmas (I heard it go pop - it was nasty!) and second a vile cough that has sat on my chest for 3 weeks, meaning I have wolfed chocolate (feeling sorry for myself) and guzzled vino (feeling VERY sorry for myself) and due to the injury & illness I have eschewed the joys & benefits of the magnificent XTrainer and BOY am I feeling it.


This morning, acres of wobbly fat stared back accusingly at me in the Gerry Weber changing room as I tried to nab some bargains in the sales. Yes in changing rooms where the light is supposed to be flattering & make you feel good & want to buy everything . It was so off-putting I couldn't bear to try any more clothes on (after I'd nabbed a stunning silk shirt & some "drop a size" black jeans. I really hope the XL baggy top grabbed from Episode sale rail fits ... !)

So - the resolutions:

First one is easy & I've started - Dry January; the Dryathlon as it is pretentiously called. With an average of 285 calories in half a bottle of wine, by staying dry for a month & drinking diet coke or water or some other low calorie stuff  I am saving approx. 8,885 cals. Tick.

Second is simply eat less. FSHubby & I do tend to eat out a lot when we are on jolly hols (he had the 2 Christmas /NY weeks off) and the portions in restaurants are crazy and he gets sulky if he doesn't have a starter - even at lunch!! - so I can only imagine the calories I will save getting back to soup for lunch. And not as a first course! Tick.

Third is get my lardy arse back on the XTrainer. I have my final post calf rip physio apt tomorrow & should be given the "go for it girl" all clear so Wednesday will see me huffing & puffing to the Doris Day film I had all lined up on the day of the "rip" - The Thrill of it All. Again Tick.


Fourth is to sign up to the back injury Pilates class that has started 5 mins down the road from me at 9.30 on a Monday morning - which is perfect as I can't do the XTrainer on Mondays as the cleaner is here all AM so taking myself off then to a class specifically designed for people like me with rubbish backs  is ideal! Tick Tick!


And Fifth is a basic MOVE MORE. Whilst trotting downstairs to my home office is a true utter joy and I wouldn't change it for the world, I have days when I really hardly move more than a total of 50 metres in the day and that is NOT good. I will walk to the local shops if I am not getting too much to carry & encourage my neighbour to come with me so I have someone to talk to. And another Tick.

So there we are. Not impossible, not startling but hopefully all good & will see me in much better shape by the middle of the year!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...