Thursday, January 22, 2015

Making up is hard to do

I have had a couple of very early morning starts in that London recently meaning have had to join the bleary eyed unhappy ranks of 'The Commuters'. Frankly I cannot blame anyone who has to, every day (and FSHubby is included here) fight their way on to an inevitably late train, fight again for a seat and then get slowly more & more crushed as impossible numbers of heavily coated / suited / booted people squeeze onto the train for being unhappy - it's ridiculous!

However even more ridiculous than the overcrowded train & the level of discomfort & misery was the huge number of women putting a full face on whilst squished onto a seat, standing in the aisle or even standing on the platform! Seriously what is it with that? I really honestly don't get it. Aside from the obvious perils of sticking a mascara wand in your eye if the train lurches or indeed shoving lipstick up your nose, why do something as intimate as your make up in front of a whole train of strangers?

Is this the new way? No discretion, nothing private, everyone can see everything I do? I remember as a chid peeking in on my mother & her friends transforming from ordinary women to goddesses sat at mirrors in curlers with bright lights shining ensuring everything was perfect before they even came downstairs let alone leave the house! It was magical & mysterious. Now these girls get on the train as pasty faced spotty herberts and get off, one make up bag later looking human - but 100 people have seen their tricks!

Why? From what I can tell they take no more than 5-10 minutes to do their faces why can't they get up 10 mins early & spare me the on train make up lesson. What next, bringing your toothbrush & a plastic bag & cleaning your teeth on the train? Rolling your deodorant under your blouse? Or even getting out the wet wipes for a bit of a top & tail - doesn't matter I don't know anyone on the train .. Really. Please. Some decorum!

PS there is even a website http://womendoingtheirmakeuponthetube.tumblr.com/ where I nicked these fab images from - with acknowledgements to the website people & I am pleased it's not just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...