Wednesday, October 3, 2012

You are what you think ...

Odd times chez the FauxSurrey household. Nothing I want to share publicly (and nothing affecting me or the FSH directly as such) but it has made me ponder & wonder if we really are in charge of our own destinies. In the bad old days BH (Before Hubby) I used to try so hard & stay positive constantly and had written "affirmations" dotted around & about to steer me through dark days, as according to Peter McWilliams & many other New Age gurus in his book "You can't afford the luxury of a negative thought" - a book described as "not a book just for people with life-threatening illnesses. It's a book for anyone afflicted with one of the primary diseases of our time: negative thinking". and so I avoided negativity at all costs often denying what I really felt.

Of course, being grumpy & negative all the time is not a good thing to be but surely we are allowed the odd rant & rage?? And can bad thoughts really truly manifest into "life threatening illnesses" & attract bad things as many in California would have us believe??

Pondering further I then remembered the words of Mahatma Gandhi -  not a 'New Age Guru' out to make money from our fears, but a man who stood firm by his beliefs and demonstrated positivity by preaching non violence.

And he said this - and I do feel there is something in this - “Carefully watch your thoughts, for they become your words. Manage and watch your words, for they will become your actions. Consider and judge your actions, for they have become your habits. Acknowledge and watch your habits, for they shall become your values. Understand and embrace your values, for they become your destiny.” Now that I believe.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh I'm all about positive thought. And you know our thoughts really do lead to our actions, and our actions are what make us who we are... Our thoughts ARE who we are!

    ReplyDelete

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...