Tuesday, November 8, 2011

To sleep, perchance to dream?

Or for me at the moment to dream of the chance to sleep! Am exhausted. Am sleep deprived, so am in a very bad mood. Those who know me well know 2 very important things about me. Feed me regularly and let me have 8 hours undisturbed sleep and I will be utterly lovely. Fail on either of those & the joy is lost. Right now a good nights' sleep is a distant luxurious memory.


Practically Perfect FauxSurreyHubby has a nasty, nasty cold. Sadly he normally snores like a freight train, (we would not be married if it were not for industrial ear plugs), but this cold has meant his normal nighttime noises - which on a good night include him imitating a road drill - now encompass an array of bizarre unbelievably loud new ones.


I am trying hard not to just abandon him as he is so poorly. We have both been so exhuasted we have been heading for bed at 9pm (seriously) and I have poured the Night Nurse for him & gritted my teeth & shoved the earplugs in as deep as they will go & have typically managed to drift off. But by 2 -3 AM Night Nurse has worn off & so hubby is in full uneblieveably loud symphonic flow so me & my pillows head to the spare room. Generally to be met by a delighted KC who jumps onto the spare bed, snuggles down next to me & purrs away happily.

But last night the KC decided that it was no fun just cuddling & purring. Oh no. After 2 hours of blissful sleep she decided it would be fun to jump on me, lick my nose, sit on my head, paw at my face, bite my feet, and simply play. So I did the unthinkable. At 5.30AM I got up & she followed & ran downstairs - and I watched her run downstairs all expectant & then I got back into bed & shut the spare room door behind me. And hubby felt guilty when he woke up & realised I had had to move beds during the night. So bless him he fed madam & let her out & drove himself to the station & I slept till 9AM. Bliss. Naturally the KC is now conked out upstairs on a cosy bed. So tempted to go poke her but I won't as that would just be mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...