Monday, June 6, 2011

Singin' in the Rain


I do have the most spectacular view from my desk. An early start this morning as tomorrow I will leave the joyful confines of my fauxsurrey office & get on a train & go to a real office all day (eek!) and so have to get some work done in preparation. But for now, if I raise my head from my keyboard I get to gaze at poppies & peonies, daisies and dahlias & vines, jasmine & honeysuckle. And this morning – this very wet indeed morning - aside from the floral cornucopia, I glimpsed a very loud (in every way!) feathered visitor to the bird feeder – a vibrant green Parakeet. Shrieking as it landed to let all know of its arrival (although as it’s hosing down right now the KC, conked out on cashmere, didn’t even flick an ear) it settled on the feeder & was a delightful tropical flash of psychedelic colour on a very grey morning. Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...