Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Prince Philip!








Now I wouldn't describe myself as a royalist as such but I do have a soft spot for Phil The Greek who has just turned 90. His amazing capacity for massively un pc (but often saying what we're all thinking) gaffes is unique! He is being much quoted at the moment in honour of said 90th and 2 of my favourites are here for your amusement:

"If you travel as much as we do, you appreciate the improvements in aircraft design of less noise and more comfort, provided you don’t travel in something called economy class, which sounds ghastly." To the Aircraft Research Association in 2002. (Ooh I can empathise totally with that one!)

To a new MP in the House of Commons (I am now paraphrasing) "What did you do before you got this job?" (MP) "I was in a trade union" (Phil) "Ah, bugger all then!" (MP, in a vain attempt to get back at Phil) "Oh, and what did you do before you got your job?!" (Phil) "Fought in the second world war" Touché!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...