Wednesday, June 22, 2011

3 sugars?

I am currently experiencing the joys of decorators. Which means I am making constant cups of tea (with at least 3 sugars) dealing with complete & utter dereliction upstairs (it WILL look good when it’s done!) and managing the KC who is on the verge of a nervous breakdown as all her favourite places to sit / sleep are either covered in debris or covered in decorators cloth. She has now decided the only place that she can get peace is 6 foot up in a high tiny cupboard in one of the spare bedrooms & so she climbs up me & onto my shoulders to get there! It wouldn’t be so bad however if they actually turned up on time. Oh yes we’ll be there at 9 they trill as they leave at 5. It’s now ten past ten & I’m home alone (well the KC is in the cupboard) twiddling my thumbs wondering what I can achieve whilst waiting & where on earth they are. Telephone call duly made – I’m 2 minutes away – says the voice. He’s here now with great excuses & a bucket, but has to go out almost immediately he's got here to get the paint ... I do think if I approached my work like that how long would I last??! Still at least I'm paying a job not an hourly rate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...