Saturday, December 7, 2013

All by myself

 ... don't want to be ... as the song says. I am home alone at the moment and it's entirely my choice. La Famille FauxSurrey are, as I type, a 6 hour drive away in a northern hospital at my mother in laws bedside. My mother in law is 92 and on top of being 92 & suffering from diabetes has pills for her kidneys, pills for her blood pressure and new max strength full dose pills for her failing heart. If she had not gone into hospital last Tuesday afternoon her heart would've given up on her completely by Wednesday evening (so says consultant) - however she got into hospital and basically it's only pills keeping her going. She can no longer care for herself; she will need constant care when (if?) she goes home plus a stair lift & a panic alarm. She will need washing & feeding ... she's alive yes but is it a life?

Anyhow ponder piece over, despite the fact I lived alone - completely alone - for many many years, I have been with my practically perfect hubby for almost 10 years now and I have forgotten how to do a weekend by myself. I had forgotten you need to organise yourself, you need to plan to see people! You have to make things happen they don't happen around you. I am babysitting later on this evening (one of the reasons I am home alone didn't want to let my cousin down + KC still getting better + back is not great - nearly slipped a disc last weekend after innocently raking leaves and 12 hours in a car would NOT be good for my back) Anyhow, it's an odd weekend as best friend who I could normally drop in on is on a plane to Shanghai, my car has a possible slow puncture & also kills me if I drive more than 30 mins in it (harsh suspension!) so can't go see sister who is an hour away as I guarantee with the way things have been going recently the slow puncture would turn into a fast one & would go pop on the M25..!

So KC slumbering peacefully on my bed, a load of washing has gone in, FSTeens bedrooms have been fumigated (TCP + Lynx what a combo!) and I have watched Saturday Kitchen, made lunch, trizzed about with some extra Christmas decorations, had Radio 4 Extra comedy & crime drama on in the background, and decided to check out the blogosphere.


But there are few new updates as everyone's busy!! May be forced to do some ironing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...