Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Carted Away


No I haven't finally gone mad (although given what's going on I am surprised I haven't) it's just a feeble attempt at regaining my sense of humour as it's that time of year again - it's our wedding anniversary (5 whole years now!) and we intend to leave the KC in the capable hands of her best mate Iris the catsitter, point the Volvo North and head for the pcituresque village of Cartmel, the home of sticky toffee pudding for 4 whole days a deux.

Huh? I hear you mutter, Shanghai, then Hamburg ... now the Lake District? In November? Can this be true? Oh yes. And there is method in our madness. No foggy delays at airports, no jetlag, and no fancy pants "I saw you coming" hotel this time with its paper thin walls & bad beds & £12 for a glass of average fizz.

This time we have been smart & we have rented a whole detatched 2 bed stone cottage with king sized beds, its own stream in the garden, an open fire in front of huge sofas to lounge on & we are bringing our own Krug & Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque to pop in the huge fridge & as our little cottage is in the middle of the village we only have to stroll out to sample award winning bistros & pubs & we have already booked dinner at L'Enclume, the restaurant of The Great British menu winning chef Simon Rogan. Will have to do a big country walk the day of that dinner and I cannot wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...