Thursday, July 26, 2012

I should be so lucky

 .... lucky lucky lucky to quote Kylie. And I am. This is not a moan post, this is a whoo hoo how on earth did I get here? one. Spent today fully achieving the elusive work / life balance. Yup. In the morning I sat at my desk with all doors & windows open enjoying my gorgeous garden and had an hour long conference call, and did some work off the back of it.

Come lunchtime, as the mercury crept close to 30 degrees I then popped my swimmers on & went with my BlackBerry, a good mate, bowls full of salad for lunch & a cheeky cold Rose (can't find how to do the accent, I mean 'rosay' !) to my lovely neighbour with the divine swimming pool & we splish splashed, chatted ate & I checked my BlackBerry regularly. So regularly in fact I was accused of having a CrackBerry (see my commitment?).

Came home, worked a bit more, made calls, had shower & am now contemplating Caesar salad al fresco for dinner, listening to our slightly comedy but quite meditererranean water feature tinkling away in the background .... that is if FauxSurreyHubby's train actually gets back to the faux country on time - not 2 hours late - tonight!

So - as you can see the work / life / fun / swim /sun balance IS achievable ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...