Thursday, March 31, 2011

Of biscuits & briefcases



Am having one of those sublime and ridiculous moments – oh OK weeks. After being in charge in an ‘everyone talks to me’ professional capacity, gadding about Central Europe last week, I have continued the role now I am home working with big blue chip global types to select an agency to manage some critical intelligence. And agreed 8 countries yes, 8 week timetable yes, all good, let’s get going – very much the professional woman in charge.
Yet today it’s all gone in a very, very different direction. Forget critical decisions & extra shot coffees in long, fluorescently lit rooms, no, today I have done 2 loads of washing, I have weeded, I have planted & I have just taken the first batch of 20 cat shaped shortbread out of the oven as I am baking for a coffee morning tomorrow! The cat is curled on the sofa next to me & the global business all feels a long way away. Actually, that’s rather nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...