Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pretty ... vacant?


Had a ‘middle class vegetarian faux housewife’ moment yesterday. Or should I say I was an unwittingly foil to Mugatu’s “little Cletus” from Zoolander. And am duly ashamed. Had to go for yet another MRI (foot still iffy; hey ho) and hospital is close to small town with decent supermarket, so whilst lying in huge metal tube being forced to listen to Norah Jones on the hospital headphones (no that’s not my ashamed moment but it probably should be) I pondered a bit of a food shop – hubby working from home so I planned to go & get warming soup & lovely bread from said supermarket for lovely lunch a deux. Scan duly complete & off I went. Got to soup aisle & as ever I went for New Covent Garden & other such namby pamby middle class faux handmade stuff. Because you do. Then I saw a “meat” offer (hubby indulges, god forbid I do) and as ever because I can afford to, I checked provenance, is the farmer listed?, is it RSPCA approved? Is it organic? And all boxes checked popped some packs into my basket. Then on my way to the till wandered down the clothes aisle. Now normally I wouldn’t stop at supermarket clothing – puh-lease!- but in front of me were a lovely pair of dark denim jeans, very long, well cut – and only £10!! Good lord!! Into the basket they went. Got home, tipped organic, wholesome, all pigs lived a happy life stuff into fridge & said to hubby, 'blimey, look at these jeans, amazing! How do they do it so cheaply??' Hubby raised his eyebrow as only he can & said – well, where were they made? Ah good point – had not even crossed my mind. So I checked label and ..... there it was – made in Bangladesh. That’s how they were so cheap. So much for organic RSPCA approved sausages huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...