Friday, November 5, 2010

D.I WHY????


Oh dear. I have just ruined the kitchen. Oh OK I exaggerate but only slightly. In a bid to save some cash & keep the kitchen we have for another couple of years we decided it would be smart to sand down the worktop & re-varnish it as it’s solid wood & would come up a treat! So nice handy man came & did the ostensibly hard bit of sanding etc but he only had time to put one coat of varnish on as it took forever to dry. So off he popped leaving me with a tin of varnish, some sandpaper & the words” it’s really easy – honest” ringing in my ears. But I’m sorry despite my having spent 6 evenings at a DIY course not so long ago they didn’t cover varnishing & it’s not easy. I read the tin 3 times. OK I‘ve got this I thought. I found a suitable brush and I dipped and started to “paint”. Except no-one told me varnishing isn’t like painting, you don’t work it in you simply glide a layer over...... So we now have lumps & bumps & rough bobbly bits & bits where I put way too much on that look wet even though they are dry & a series of pretty rivulets. Yup, all needs doing again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...