Monday, June 7, 2010

Driven to distraction...


What is it about having huge amounts of work to do that focuses the mind on everything but that really important time critical work? I have a really challenging project to pull together challenging on every level & what am I doing? Faffing that’s what. Am writing this bloggy thing for one, am also ordering groceries online, hanging out the washing, weeding bits of the garden as I take a small constitutional whilst talking to the cat, choosing paint colours from paint charts, & wallowing in the delights of Neighbours! The project file is open on my computer but every time I start typing / thinking / analysing a little voice in my head goes “ooh have you thought about just quickly....?” and I’m off! The fact there is also a carpenter banging about upstairs isn’t helping granted but I am incapable of concentration right now. I am even debating making a batch of scones. Is this project just so so hard or am I sliding into senility? Think I need to take a break & make a cup of tea. Will make Mr Carpenter a cup too... hmm, now what shall I have for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...