Thursday, May 27, 2010

walk the line


A hundred years ago it would seem I had what you could call a bit of an accident. On 16th March (not that the date is indelibly marked in my brain) whilst doing nothing more strenuous than walking up the garden, I fractured the 2nd metatarsal in my right foot. 12 weeks on I am sat in Hamburg, strapped back tight into my lovely Beckham boot as I completely misjudged my recovery. For the last 2 weeks I have been happily wombling about the house in Birkenstocks (SEXY!!) feeling little to no pain. So, I thought a trip to Hamburg would be a breeze. Lovely hubbie insisted I pack “the boot” as I was all gung ho about being fixed but he was less convinced. And thank the lord I did. Cab arrived at 6am Tuesday & I staggered out thinking ooh, ouch must be ‘cos so early. Got to Heathrow and after I had loaded myself up like a pack horse with heavy PC bag, handbag & large suitcase, I suddenly realised I had increased my weight significantly. And each step was bone stretching agony…to cut to the chase by the time I got to my meeting here I was a pain wrecked gibbering heap. I had a flight to Manila booked on Monday & my client took one look at me & said NO – cancel you’re not going anywhere in that state! So all I have to do now is negotiate my way home. Slowly, carefully and with good old Beckham boot firmly on. Which will be a hoot going through security!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...