Monday, June 2, 2014

Life in the Slow Lane ...

Goodness me it's been weeks since I last blogged. Maybe because I am now 50 I have run out of time / energy to share my random thoughts with all. Well that's just not good enough!

So have made some time. What have I been up to? Had an amazing 50th birthday dinner en famille at the lovely hotel FSHubby & I held our wedding reception at. We ordered the 7 course tasting menu for 10 and it was spectacular. Thanks to Stephen & the team at The Chalk Lane Hotel.

Then I hosted an "at home" day and a host of friends & family pitched up with fizz, food & fine gifts. A birthday cake was unveiled, candles blown out, the weather held and even the KC behaved herself!

I then got lost in a flurry of work - which was great - much needed and very welcome - and one project entailed driving to Birmingham, moderating groups for 2 nights & staying in cr*ppy hotels - ah just like the old days when I was a super keen junior exec!

Then FSHubby & I headed north - very north for a lovely week off. We rented a barn conversion very near the Northern Lakes town of Cockermouth - close enough to get to the shops, pubs & restaurants in 3 minutes but far away enough that our nearest neighbours were a herd of cows who came & chatted to us every evening. It was lovely. We ate in a nice but not brilliant (sadly) veggie restaurant, found a great local pub in the shadow of the lovely local church and drank local beer whilst listening to the pealing bells and had our first golf lesson - and we loved it! FSHubby was way better than me but I can see us doing it a lot more.

And the beds were good! amazing - no need for blow up mattress no need for emergency A&E visits.

So now we roll into summer. It has been mainly pouring with rain & very muggy so a classic British summer is on the cards methinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...