Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Only Way is Chelsea

So here I am in pain. Leaning back on my special back chair to type this, I am hurting but feeling good.  It is justifiable well earned pain. I have been hoe-ing & digging & tidying & weeding & clearing. And my super fragile back does not like that - but I had to do it. I had to spend 2 back breaking hours in the FauxSurreyGarden today as it's Chelsea time - the Royal Horticultural society Chelsea Flower Show that is - and watching the coverage on the beeb last night gave me an almighty kick up the whatsit to get out there & sort our beautiful garden out!

FS-Hubby & FS-StepSon are very good at the big stuff - they keep on top of the mowing (note to self - we must get our ride on mower working again as FSHubby's back not great ... and we are blessed with a huge lawn) and the digging & the shed & the strimming and stuff like that but the weeding & planting are my area and I have been neglectful. Well I've been busy ...  but today I gathered my gardening kit around me (hoe, Fisker weed magic thing, trowel, secateurs, big bucket & garden bin) and went for it.I showed the weeds no mercy.

Naturally the KC came out & joined me then she realised I was digging up some of her favourite hiding places so she decided to simply run around the garden, choosing to run in front of me at inopportune moments!

BUT - I now look out at a (virtually) weed free, well kept garden to be proud of. Also, I spent an hour cleaning out the grubby, algae ridden water feature yesterday, so the tinkling backlit water is now a clear & clean blue hued waterfall not all murky green & sludgy as it had been; all we need now is a bit of sunshine to get out there with a G&T & enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...