Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Family Ties

Having a major dose of family at the moment. Some bits are utterly gorgeous & so snuggly & delicious, such as occasionally taking care of my cousins 8 week old incredibly well behaved baby boy - he comes and we just hang out. I get to talk utter rubbish to both the cat & the baby and I get cuddles & smiles & giggles (more than I ever get from Madam Cat) & cousin gets on with stuff she can't do with a tiny baby in tow. Luvverly!


But some bits are best described as - well amazing! I blame TV shows like 'Who Do You Think You Are?' & 'Heir Hunters' & programmes of that genre. 2 members of my family decided to "do" the family tree on my mothers side. And in their doing they have unearthed a never known of before but close relative! How close - pretty close - his father is my grandfather. But his mother is not my grandmother. There is intrigue, bigamy, a bank heist, prison, abandonment, a Swedish Gymnast & an escape to New Zealand from the clutches of European law

And amazingly despite the drama & potential for bad blood, all those involved are in forgiving & welcoming moods & there are now plans for this new relative to come meet his 'lost' family ASAP. I have seen this relatives photo & I nearly fell over. There's NO doubt who his father is! The genes are pretty strong in my family! 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

F**k off 2016

2016. A year to forget. Celebrity death-fest. The year that so many things broke. The year we got stuck. What a frankly cr*p year. I was goi...